Fees and Funding

We'll try to make this as painless as possible.

What do you charge?

£5.85* per hour.  Thats it.  No hidden costs, no compulsory extras.

Unlike many Nurseries and Pre-Schools, we don't have set session times.  We believe you should be able to drop off and pick up your child when it is convenient for you.  All we ask is that you do a minimum of 2 hours in a day, (we recommend 3 hours so your child has time to settle and join in with our activities and routines).

But what if I only do my 15/30 Government funded hours?

We are aware that some Nurseries and Pre-Schools add charges to these hours to cover "expenses", but we firmly believe that Government funded hours should be just that.  Government funded.  So we won't ask you to cover our costs for looking after your children. There's more about funding further down the page.

So, what do I get for my money?

As well as all the fun things on our Whats on at Pre-School pages?  Well....snack and resources like craft things, access to one of the most highly qualified staff teams within the Early Years Sector, your online Learning Journal, (which you can access any day, any time, whilst you are with us), weekly updates from the setting about what we have done, access to our parent area with exclusive content, regular update meetings with your Key Person, daily "science" activities, (lets face it, who doesn't like a big explosion!), regular cooking activities, (we aim for at least one a week), and other activities led by the children's interests on that particular day.  In the afternoon, we have a post lunch "chill-out", followed by "groups"; the older children do some numeracy and literacy activities with a member of staff, and our younger ones, and those who struggle with listening and attention do "Bucket Time" (sitting and listening activities).  Did we miss anything?

What are the "optional" extras?

Uniform:  (We don't want your nice clothes getting ruined now!) Some of our families choose to purchase uniform from us. The uniform available and suppliers vary between settings so please ask your setting for more information.

End of Year Outing:  Whilst we do our best to keep to free locations, sometimes there may be a small cost involved.  No one expects you to be there, we just have an informal picnic type event, but this varies from setting to setting.  We will always let you know as far in advance as we can about where, when and what costs might be involved.

Primary School Dinner:  (PARRYWOOD PRE-SCHOOL, EASTLEIGH ONLY) We are able to order meals from the Primary School dinner menu, provided by our local Primary School.  These cost £3.00* each, and can be ordered on the day, (all money goes to Hampshire County Council). You can of course bring something from home, (hot or cold), if you don't want a school dinner, for no extra charge.

Government Funding

This is where it gets a bit complicated...so pay attention!

Government Funding, called Early Years Education (EYE) funding, is split into two categories.  Universal Entitlement and Extended Entitlement.  Some eligible two year olds may be able to claim 2 Year Old funding, which works the same as Universal Entitlement.

2 Year Old Funding: Some 2 year olds are eligible for 15 hours Government Funded childcare each week, which works in the same way as Universal Entitlement. There is very strict criteria, which is listed below. If  you meet one or more of the below criteria you will need to apply for a funding number and can only use it at a setting which is registered to accept 2 Year Old Funding, (all Parrywood Childcare settings are registered to accept 2 year old funding).

Criteria to be eligible for 2 Year Old Funding:

  • Income Support

  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)

  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

  • Universal Credit and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, but not including any benefit payments

  • Tax Credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax

  • The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit

  • Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act

  • The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

You may be eligible for 2 Year Old Funding if you are a non-EEA citizen who cannot claim benefits and you have either:

  • Claimed asylum and are awaiting a decision (Part 6) 

  • Applied and been refused asylum in the UK (Section 4)

You may be eligible for 2 Year Old Funding if you are a non-EEA citizen who cannot claim benefits, have a household income of less than £15,400 per year after tax and you have either: 

  • Been granted leave to remain with no recourse to public funds on family or private life grounds

  • The right to live in the UK because you're the main carer of a British Citizen (Zambrano Carer)

A child can also get free early education and childcare if any of the following apply:

  • they’re looked after by a local council

  • they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan

  • they get Disability Living Allowance

  • they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order.

For more information visit the Government website; https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-2-year-olds

Universal Entitlement (15 hours):  Every child over the age of three, and those two year olds who meet the Government criteria, can claim no more than 15 hours free childcare per week, (during term time), capped at 570 hours per funding year.  This funding is claimed by, and paid directly to the setting.

If your child attends another setting, you may split this entitlement between them.

You may not claim more than 15 hours per week in total, regardless of how many settings your child attends.

You may not claim EYE funding for more than two settings.

In Hampshire, children are able to claim EYE funding from the term after their third (or second for those eligible), birthday.  i.e. If they are born on 20 June they can claim from the following September.

The number of hours any child is able to claim is capped at 570 hours per funding year.  This cap runs from the term your child is first able to claim EYE funding.  e.g.

Born: 20 June,

First Claims: Start of Autumn Term, (September)

Year Runs:  Start of Autumn Term, (September) -  End of Summer Term, (August)

Born: 14 January

First Claims: Start of Summer Term, (April**)

Year Runs: Start of Summer Term (April**) - End of Spring Term, (March**)

**Summer term funding will always commence in April, regardless of when the Easter break falls.

You will, however, receive notification if your child is likely to exceed the maximum 570 hours per funding year and will be given the option of paying for the additional hours or not attending for the required number of hours.

For more information visit the Government website; https://www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/free-childcare-and-education-for-2-to-4-year-olds?step-by-step-nav=f237ec8e-e82c-4ffa-8fba-2a88a739783b

Extended Entitlement, (30 hours): Extended Entitlement is an additional form of EYE funding which enables eligible three and four year old children to "top up" their Universal Entitlement with an additional 570 hours per funding year.  This equates to a total funding cap of 1140 hours per funding year, at no more than 30 hours per week, (during term time), regardless of how many settings your child attends.

The funding terms for Extended Entitlement are the same as those explained in the Universal Entitlement section, with the addition of the criteria as explained below.

To qualify for Extended Entitlement:

  • Parents must earn, or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours per week at National Minimum or Living Wage over the following three months.  This equates to £139.52 per week for everyone over 25 years old, £131.20 for 21 - 24 year olds, £103.20 for 18-20 year olds.  This applies to paid employment, self-employment and zero hours contracts.

  • The parent, (and partner where applicable), must be seeking the free childcare to enable them to work.

  • One or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental, adoption or statutory sick leave.

  • One parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work because they are disabled, have caring responsibilities or have been assessed as having limited capability to work.

  • A parent is in the "start-up period". (i.e. they are newly self-employed), they do not need to demonstrate that they meet the income criteria for 12 months.

  • A non-EEA national is eligable to claim if they have recourse to public funds.

If you are self employed and do not expect to meet the requirements during a three month period, you may use an average of your earnings you expect to make over the current tax year.  The earnings limit does not apply if you started your business less than 12 months ago.

Who will not qualify:

  • A child who either parent has an  expected "adjusted net income" of over £100,000, including any bonuses you expect to get.

  • A child who has one or both parents who are non-EEA nationals, subject to immigration controls and have no recourse to public funds.

  • A parent who is not residing at the main address of the child.

If you are a foster carer, you will not be able to use the online application process.  Please speak to your social worker and/or Local Authority.

What happens when a parent is no longer eligible?

  • Parents will receive a "Grace Period" this means they will keep their 30 hours childcare for the remainder of that funding period.

  • Once the "Grace Period" has ended, the parents will be entitled to receive Universal Entitlement, (15 hours), until they become eligible for Extended Entitlement again.

  • Local Authorities will carry out audits at fixed dates throughout the year, to assess parents continued eligibility.

More information about the grace period is available when you sign up to attend the setting.

Parents will need to reapply for Extended Entitlement funding every 3 months and provide the appropriate information, (such as parents National Insurance Numbers and the claim end date), to Pre-School in order to claim. If you do not you may not be able to receive your Extended Entitlement.

The criteria for Extended Entitlement applies to both single parent and two parent family units. 

For more information visit the Government website; https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare?step-by-step-nav=f517cd57-3c18-4bb9-aa8b-1b907e279bf9

Still with us? * means subject to change without notice.

All links to external websites are provided in good faith. Parrywood Childcare and its associated companies cannot be held accountable for the content of these websites.